Urgent information for visa applicants regarding novel coronavirus:
Any individuals with pending consular appointments who
(1) were physically present within the last 14 days in one of the following countries, per Presidential Proclamations 9984, 9992, 9993, 9996 and the subsequent proclamation issued May 24, 2020:
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, excluding overseas territories outside of Europe;
- The Republic of Ireland;
- The 26 countries that comprise the Schengen Area (Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, and Switzerland)
- The Islamic Republic of Iran;
- The People’s Republic of China, not including the Special Administrative Regions of Hong Kong and Macau
(2) are experiencing flu-like symptoms, or
(3) believe they may have been exposed to the novel coronavirus,
are strongly encouraged to postpone their appointments by at least 14 days.
There is no fee to change an appointment and visa application fees are valid for one year in the country where the fee was paid.
For questions about rescheduling a pending consular appointment, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 833-9393 in Panama or 703-745-5480 in the United States.
For specific guidance, information concerning rescheduling a pending consular appointment is also available at https://www.ustraveldocs.com/pa/pa-niv-appointmentschedule.asp.