U.S. Social Security Services and other Federal Benefits
Panama City – February 3-7, 2020
The U.S. Embassy in Panama is pleased to announce that representatives from the Regional Federal Benefits Unit will visit Panama City to offer services for beneficiaries or individuals with questions about U.S. Social Security and other federal benefits.
Where: Center for English Language Immersion (CELI) – Via España, Edificio Cromos, 2do piso.
When: February 3 – 6 (8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
February 7 (8:00 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.)
NOTE: No appointments necessary, BUT PLEASE BE PREPARED TO WAIT.
What to bring:
Please bring originals AND legible copies of all documents to be submitted:
- Social Security Benefits: Bring originals and copies of the following for all applicants:
- Birth Certificate
- Marriage and/or death certificates – if applying for auxiliary or survivor’s benefits
- SSA Proof of Life Study: In 2019, Social Security Administration (SSA) mailed a questionnaire to beneficiaries whose social security number (SSN) ended in 50 to 99 and beneficiaries over the age of 90. Please bring a copy of your passport and a completed SSA-7162, if you have had your benefits suspended.
- SSN Card Application: Bring a copy of your valid U.S. passport, Certificate of Birth Abroad, or original birth certificate and completed form SS-5FS.
- Change of Address for Social Security: Bring your current passport.
- Medicare Part B Enrollment/Cancellation:
To learn more about the services offered by the Regional Federal Benefits Unit visit:
The best way to contact the Regional Federal Benefits Unit is by using their online inquiry form: http://cr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/fbu-inquiry-form/
We look forward to seeing you there!
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.