PANAMA, September 19, 2018. The U.S. Embassy is proud to announce the 2018 cohort from Panama for the Young Leaders of the Americas Initiative (YLAI) Professional Fellows Program. This initiative strengthens entrepreneurial and management skills during a five-week program that will bring 250 young leaders from 36 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean to the United States. This year we are pleased to announce that six young Panamanian leaders were accepted out of about 2,500 applications in the region, and will travel to the United States on September.
- Lacey Agredo, co-founder of Wised, a company that promotes professional development initiatives and products.
- Betzy Arosemena, partner and Media Manager at Arckalab, a business dedicated to shaping young people into global citizens and community leaders.
- Abdiel Chiu, founder and CEO of CHT Engineering, a company that implements engineering solutions to improve Panama’s infrastructure.
- Lilian Gorriz, founder of My Global Placement, a platform for employers, job seekers, and academic institutions to share job opportunities.
- Gary Martin, co-founder and CEO of Praxis, an initiative that fights misinformation and corruption through objective reporting on social media and podcasts.
- Rafael Zubieta, founder and CEO of IR PTY, a business that creates and promotes traditional Panamanian handicraft products.
The YLAI Professional Fellows Program, sponsored by the Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs of the U.S. Department of State, will place young entrepreneurs in small businesses, non-governmental organizations, and similar entities in 20 U.S. cities. The skills they learn will help them accelerate their ventures’ success and encourage good practices in their home countries.
The program will begin on September 20 in Detroit, Michigan, and will continue with four-week fellowships in cities throughout the United States. The program will end with a Closing Summit in Washington, DC.
The https://ylai.state.gov/ website includes information about the YLAI Professional Fellows Program and the YLAI Network.
For further information, please contact: email@example.com