Please come to your appointment prepared with:
- The appropriate completed application(s) and form(s)
- One U.S. passport-sized photo (2 in x 2 in) [note: be very clear when having photos taken in Mexico that you need U.S. passport-sized photos as Mexican passport-sized photos are incorrect].
- Proof of identity (a government issued photo ID). Note that adults who are first-time applicants should also provide multiple identity documents dating back from childhood to the current date.
- Proof of U.S. citizenship (an original U.S. long form birth certificate or previous U.S. passport)
- Cash (US Dollars or Mexican Pesos) or credit card to pay the appropriate fees
- Some offices also require you to bring a pre-paid courier envelope to your interview; please check the requirements for each office here.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Minor children have other additional requirements that you should familiarize yourself with.
It is your responsibility to provide copies of all documents presented.
Please bring copies of the documents requested. If you do not come with all of the above mentioned requirements ready at the time you enter the U.S. Embassy, Consulate, or Consular Agency, you may be requested to re-schedule your appointment for a later date.