Please use the DS-82 if ALL of the following are true:
Your Most Recent U.S. Passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application
- Was issued when you were age 16 or older
- Was issued within the last 15 years
- Was issued in the exact same name as your previous passport or you can legally document your name change with original or certified copy of your marriage certificate or the government-issued document evidencing your legal name change under federal or state law.
My U.S. passport has not been limited from the normal ten year validity period due to passport damage/mutilation, multiple passport thefts/losses, or non-compliance with 22 C.F.R. 51.41. (Please refer to the back pages of your U.S. passport book for endorsement information).
To apply, please schedule an appointment and appear in person at the American Citizen Services (ACS) unit at the time of your appointment with the following documents and information:
- Form DS-82. Complete the form online, print, sign it and bring it. Please DO NOT mail the form.
How to request an appointment
Applications for U.S. passports are by appointment only to ensure that you are prepared for the interview and have all the necessary documents. Click here to schedule an appointment online. Please do not schedule an appointment until you have completed the required form. If you have trouble scheduling an appointment online or downloading the necessary form, please e-mail us at Panama-ACS@state.gov.
If you are eligible to use Form DS-82, the fee is currently US$110. Fees are payable in cash (U.S. dollars) or by credit card at the U.S. Embassy when you submit your passport application. Checks and debit cards are not accepted.
All applicants must provide one recent color photo with a white background that measure 5X5 cm (2X2 inches). For more information on photo requirements please see the U.S. Department of State website. Digital photos are not acceptable. See photo requirements for information. Photos which do not meet the requirements will be rejected.
Pickup or Delivery of Your New Passport
When your new passport is ready:
- You will receive an e-mail from Panama-ACS@state.gov to the e-mail address specified by you in box 6 of your DS-11, notifying you that your passport is ready to be picked up. Please do not return to pick up your passport before receiving this e-mail notification. If more than three weeks has passed and you have not received an e-mail, contact us at Panama-ACS@state.gov and request a status update.
- Return to ACS with your old passport. Your old passport will be cancelled and returned to you. You may send another person to pick up your new passport with a signed letter of consent, your old passport, and a copy of your identification.
If you have further questions, please contact the Embassy at Panama-ACS@state.gov, or visit the Department of State website for general information.