Change of Name by Marriage, Civil Partnership or Court Order

If you have changed your name by marriage, civil partnership or court order, you may apply for a passport in your new name by submitting your original marriage certificate or final court order.  If your U.S. passport was issued more than twelve months ago, please follow the instructions for a routine passport renewal.  If your U.S. passport was issued within the last twelve months, please click here.