An official website of the United States government

Social Security
February 2, 2019

If you reside in Panama and have questions regarding services provided by the Social Security Administration (SSA), you must contact the SSA Federal Benefits Unit (FBU) located in Costa Rica. For more information on their services and how to contact them, please visit their webpage at: https://cr.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/social-security/.

For comprehensive information on SSA’s services abroad, please visit SSA’s webpage Service Around the World.

If you are already receiving SSA benefits payments, there will be no change in the method of distribution of those payments.

The best way to contact the SSA Regional Office in Costa Rica is using their online form or sending an e-mail to FBU.CostaRica@ssa.gov.