Personal Services Contractor (PSC) vacancy announcement
OPEN TO: All Interested Candidates
POSITION: Peace Corps Medical Doctor
OPENING DATE: August 5, 2019
CLOSING DATE: August 19, 2019
WORK HOURS: 40 hours per week
SALARY RANGE: $2,200.00 – $2,500.00 monthly
The United States Peace Corps seeks a Medical Doctor to serve as a contracted Peace Corps Medical Officer (PCMO) based in Panama. The PCMO will provide health care to U.S. Peace Corps Volunteers in Panama and will work under the supervision of the Peace Corps Country Director in Panama and the Peace Corps Office of Medical Services in Washington DC.
- Routine primary health care to Peace Corps Trainees and Volunteers including treatment of common illnesses and injuries in accordance with Peace Corps medical guidelines
- Individual short-term counseling on disease prevention, adjustment issues, stress management and cross-cultural problems
- Response to emergency medical situations
- Member of Senior Peace Corps staff in Panamá
- Design and presentation of health training sessions
- Site visits to Peace Corps Volunteers throughout Panamá
- Administrative tasks of the medical office including budget management
- Inventory of medical supplies and equipment
- Alternate 24 hour on- call duty phone with the other Peace Corps Medical Doctors.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Graduate of accredited school
MDs must be a graduate of a school listed in this link, Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research https://search.wdoms.org/
- Current license to practice in Panamá
- At least two years of continuing education.
- At least three years of relevant primary care experience in a professional practice, hospital or clinic setting.
- Experience working and/or studying in a multicultural setting.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Package.
- Driving license of a manual transmission.
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral /written English.
- Ability to work effectively as part of an intercultural team
- Hardworking, reliable and diligent with good interpersonal skills
- Willing to travel to communities in the countryside of Panamá.
- Experience in managing mental health issues including counseling of patients. (Preferred)
- Experience in training design and presentation of health related material (Preferred)
- Selected candidate for the position must receive security clearance and maintain this clearance in order to remain with Peace Corps.
- Must be able to obtain a visa to travel to USA.
Interested applicants for this position must submit the following or the application will not be considered:
- A resume or C.V. that includes:
- Professional positions held, identifying duties, responsibilities, dates of employment and reason for leaving
- Education and training, identifying universities attended, dates of attendance, degrees and diplomas.
- Professional licenses, certificates, registrations
- An accounting for periods of unemployment longer than three months
- Three professional medical references, with at least two being from medical colleagues who have directly observed the applicant in a clinical setting. (One must also be from the current employer.)
- Photocopies of:
Academic diplomas. Pease note, in addition to a copy of the academic diploma, the applicant must submit an official academic transcript and curriculum.
Professional licenses. If the license does not have an expiration date, written confirmation must be submitted directly from the issuing authority. Please note, if a license is not required, rather, the medical diploma is the license to practice, written confirmation, issued directly from the professional medical board, Ministry of Health or other appropriate regulatory authority establishing that the candidate is properly credentialed for medical practice, is required.
Certificates of all post graduate training, internships, residencies, fellowships
- A cover letter
- Any other documentation (e.g., essays, certificates, awards, copies of degrees earned) that addresses the qualification requirements of the position as listed above.
- The candidate should also provide the following:
- Date of birth
- Place of birth
- Driving license
All documents must be in English. Official translation is not required.
SUBMIT APPLICATION TO: email@example.com
Attention: Peace Corps Contracting Officer
The United States Peace Corps is an Equal Opportunity Employer.