Message for U.S. Citizens: U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (May 24, 2020)
Event: Planned Commercial Humanitarian Flight
The Embassy has identified two additional flights, operated by Spirit Airlines (both with the same flight number – NK6511), scheduled for June 3 and June 10. The flights will have a limited number of seats available. Any traveler with the appropriate passport/visa to permit entry into the United States who wishes to depart Panama is eligible to purchase a ticket. Travelers should carefully plan their onward travel as hotel options in Fort Lauderdale may be limited.
NOTE – Due to greater demand for these flights than the number of seats available, we encourage you to purchase your tickets as soon as possible to ensure you are able to travel and permit us time to provide you with a salvoconducto promptly. We encourage you to be prepared to remain in Panama for the next 30-60 days, or perhaps more, if you are unwilling or unable to take these flights. The currently authorized, upcoming humanitarian flights are:
- May 25 Copa Airlines (SOLD OUT), departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 5:00 a.m. for Miami, FL, to arrive 9:15 a.m.
- May 27 United Airlines (SOLD OUT), departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 12:30 p.m. for Houston, TX, to arrive at 4:39 p.m.
- June 3 United Airlines (SOLD OUT), departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 12:30 p.m. for Houston, TX, to arrive at 4:39 p.m.
- June 3 Spirit Airlines, departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 1:00 p.m. for Fort Lauderdale, FL, to arrive 5:00 p.m.
- June 10 Spirit Airlines, departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 1:00 p.m. for Fort Lauderdale, FL, to arrive 5:00 p.m.
We are in the process of notifying individuals who have already expressed interest in being evacuated from Panama about the newly authorized Spirit flights.
For additional information about these flights and to make reservations please contact Spirit Airlines directly. Spirit began ticket sales for these flights on Saturday, May 23. The Embassy encourages you to check their website regularly for updates.
For flights that are full, continue checking directly with the airlines (Copa customer service at +507-217-2672, United’s website at https://www.united.com/, or Spirit’s website at https://spirit.com/) for any openings due to cancelations.
There are no guarantees for these flights or the space available.
The Embassy encourages interested U.S. citizens and LPRs to purchase early and forward your purchase confirmation email to the Embassy immediately at PanamaCityUSCitizen@state.gov so that we can assist you with the issuance of salvoconducto passes.
The Embassy is continuing its efforts to identify future flights to the United States. Once in the United States, all domestic travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
Consult the Embassy’s website (https://pa.usembassy.gov/) for additional information on the situation in Panama and the Department of State’s COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama
Building 783, Demetrio Basilio Lakas Avenue
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.