Message for U.S. Citizens: U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (July 20, 2020)
Event: Planned Commercial Humanitarian Flights
The Embassy has identified three upcoming humanitarian flights with seats available. Any traveler with the appropriate passport/visa to permit entry into the United States is eligible to purchase a ticket. Travelers should carefully plan their onward travel as hotel options may be limited. Once in the United States, all domestic travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
The upcoming humanitarian flights are:
- July 22 Copa Airlines flight CM4980 to Dulles, VA, departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 9:00 a.m.
- July 24 United Airlines flight UA3367 to Houston, TX, departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 12:30 p.m.
- July 29 Copa Airlines flight CM4978 to Dulles, VA, departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 9:00 a.m.
For additional information about these flights and to make reservations, visit the respective websites of the airlines, Copa, and United. Flights that appear to be sold out may have openings due to cancellations. Continue checking directly with the airlines for any openings.
The Embassy encourages interested U.S. citizens and legal residents to purchase early and forward your purchase confirmation email to the Embassy immediately at PanamaCityUSCitizen@state.gov so that we can assist you with the issuance of salvoconducto passes. You may also email this address if you are unable to make the currently scheduled flights but would like to be informed about the next humanitarian flight. Please be aware that future flights are not guaranteed, and those who choose not to depart on these flights should prepare to remain in Panama indefinitely.
Consult the Embassy’s website (https://pa.usembassy.gov/) for additional information on the situation in Panama and the Department of State’s COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama
Building 783, Demetrio Basilio Lakas Avenue
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.