In order to save you time and process your passport application in the most efficient and timely manner, we request applicants who meet the requirements for Adult Passport Renewals using form DS-82 renew by mail (via DHL). Your valid passport remains on file at the Consular Section and could be retrieved in the event of an actual emergency requiring travel.
Please renew your passport BY MAIL if you meet all of the following requirements:
Your most recent U.S. Passport:
- Is undamaged and can be submitted with your application.
- Was issued when you were 16-years-old or older.
- Was issued within the last 15 years.
- Was issued in your current name or you have changed your name and can submit legal documentation (e.g. marriage certificate, Change of Name Deed) to prove this change.
- Your U.S. passport has not been limited from the normal 10-year validity period due to passport damage/mutilation, multiple passport thefts/losses, or non-compliance with 22 C.F.R. 51.41. (Please refer to the back pages of your U.S. passport book for endorsement information).
More details can be found at https://common.usembassy.gov/en/passport-renewal-panama/
Given current delays in passport processing, please plan your next international travel carefully. If your passports have already expired, apply for renewal as soon as possible. If you still have six months validity from the date of your next return, please wait to renew upon your return.