Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (September 4, 2020)
Event: COVID-19 Situation Report and Upcoming Economic Reopening
On August 25, the Government of Panama announced plans to reduce movement restrictions and open up additional economic sectors, starting on September 7. The plan is conditional upon meeting certain criteria regarding the control of the COVID-19 pandemic in Panama. For additional details about the plan, visit the website of the Ministry of the Presidency.
On September 7 the Government of Panama will open the following economic sectors: Construction and related activities (engineers, architects, project managers, contractors, moving services), Panama Pacifico, Colon Free Zone and other free trade zones, private ship docks and sports fishing, tailor shops, shoe shops, and carwashes will resume operations.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Panama.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama
Building 783, Demetrio Basilio Lakas Avenue
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.