Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (September 23, 2020)
Event: Extension of Airport Closure
On September 23, the Government of Panama extended the suspension of international commercial passenger flights for an additional 19 days through October 11. The previous exceptions for cargo, humanitarian, medical supplies, medical evacuation, and vaccines remain in place. Tocumen International Airport continues to operate as a Humanitarian Mini-Hub.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Panama.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.