Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (October 15, 2020)
Events: Change in Movement Restrictions
Beginning Saturday, October 17, the province of Chiriqui and the district of Changuinola in Bocas del Toro will no longer have Saturday quarantine.
Curfews will remain unchanged in the rest of Panama. Monday through Friday the curfew starts at 11:00 p.m and is lifted at 5:00 a.m., with quarantine from Saturday at 11:00 p.m. until Monday at 5:00 a.m.
The provinces of Chiriqui and Colon and the districts of Chiriqui Grande, Isla Colon, Changuinola and Almirante in Bocas del Toro have curfew from Monday through Friday, 7:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m., with quarantine from Saturday at 7:00 p.m. until Monday at 5:00 a.m.
In the rest of Bocas del Toro the curfew remains from 7:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m., Monday through Thursday, with a weekend quarantine from Friday at 7:00 p.m. until Monday at 5:00 a.m.
The Embassy will continue to provide updates on changes that may effect U.S. citizens in Panama. For all the details about changes made by the Government of Panama in response to the pandemic, please see the daily announcements from the Ministry of Health.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Panama.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.