Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (November 11, 2020)
Events: Movement Restrictions and Closure in Sona and San Francisco
Beginning today, November 11, the movement restrictions in Sona and San Francisco, in the province of Veraguas, are changed as follows:
- Beaches, rivers, and hot springs are closed;
- Curfew is from 7:00 p.m. until 5:00 a.m., Monday through Friday;
- Sunday quarantine begins at 7:00 p.m. on Saturday and is lifted at 5:00 a.m. on Monday.
Movement restrictions remain unchanged in the rest of the country.
The Embassy will continue to send messages, as needed, about larger changes that may affect U.S. citizens in Panama. Minor changes, such as new health recommendations or reopening of a new sector of Panama’s economy, will be placed on the Embassy’s COVID-19 Information page. For all the details about changes made by the Government of Panama in response to the pandemic, please see the daily announcements from the Ministry of Health.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Panama.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.