Event: Planned Commercial Humanitarian Flight
The Embassy has identified two additional flights, operated by United Airlines (flight numbers – UA 3014 and UA 2417), scheduled for May 27 and June 3. The flights will have a limited number of seats available. Any traveler with the appropriate passport/visa to permit entry into the United States who wishes to depart Panama is eligible to purchase a ticket. Travelers should carefully plan their onward travel as hotel options in Houston may be limited.
NOTE – Due to greater demand for these flights than the number of seats available, we encourage you to purchase your tickets as soon as possible to ensure you are able to travel and permit us time to provide you with a salvoconducto promptly. We encourage you to be prepared to remain in Panama for the next 30-60 days, or perhaps more, if you are unwilling or unable to take these flights. The currently authorized, upcoming humanitarian flights are:
- May 25 Copa Airlines (SOLD OUT), departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 5:00 a.m. for Miami, FL, to arrive 9:15 a.m.
- May 27 United Airlines, departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 12:30 p.m. for Houston, TX, to arrive at 4:39 p.m.
- June 3 United Airlines, departing Panama City’s Tocumen International Airport at 12:30 p.m. for Houston, TX, to arrive at 4:39 p.m.
We are in the process of notifying individuals who have already expressed interest in being evacuated from Panama about the newly authorized United flights.
For additional information about the United flights and to make reservations, please contact United Airlines directly. Tickets sales for these United flights commenced prior to the authorization of this flight by the Government of Panama, and are ongoing.
For flights that are full, continue checking directly with the airlines (Copa customer service at +507-217-2672 or https://www.united.com/) for any openings due to cancelations.
There are no guarantees for these flights or the space available.
The Embassy encourages interested U.S. citizens and LPRs to purchase early and forward your purchase confirmation email to the Embassy immediately at PanamaCityUSCitizen@state.gov so that we can assist you with the issuance of salvoconducto passes.
The Embassy is continuing its efforts to identify future flights to the United States. Once in the United States, all domestic travel arrangements are the sole responsibility of the traveler.
Consult the Embassy’s website (https://pa.usembassy.gov/) for additional information on the situation in Panama and the Department of State’s COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama
Building 783, Demetrio Basilio Lakas Avenue
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.