Event: Effective at 11:59 p.m. on Sunday, March 22, Panama will suspend all commercial flights into and out of Panama. The Government of Panama enacted a nationwide curfew from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. On Thursday, March 19, the U.S. Department of State issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory.
In light of the impending suspension of all commercial flights into and out of Panama, the U.S. Embassy in Panama City urges U.S. Citizens intending to depart Panama to do so today, Sunday, March 22. In addition, considering the 9:00 pm curfew, the Embassy further urges U.S. Citizens departing on evening flights to ensure their arrival at the airport prior to the 9:00 pm curfew.
For those U.S. Citizens unable to depart Panama, the Panamanian Tourism Authority has confirmed that certain hotels and tourist accommodations remain open for those foreign visitors already in Panama and unable to depart the country. Questions about accommodations can be directed to the Tourism Authority at 6330-2520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Department of State has issued a Global Level 4 Health Advisory for COVID-19.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has issued a Level 2 Global COVID-19 Outbreak Notice
U.S. government personnel are restricted from non-essential domestic and international travel.
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19for information on conditions in Panama.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
- U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama
Building 783, Demetrio Basilio Lakas Avenue
- State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.