Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (Mar 10, 2020)
Health Alert – U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (March 10, 2020)
Event: There is an ongoing outbreak of Corona virus (COVID-19), first identified in Wuhan, China. The global public health threat posed by COVID-19 is high, with more than 100,000 reported cases worldwide.
On March 9, the Panamanian Ministry of Health announced the first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Panama.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Check with your airlines or cruise lines regarding any updated information about your travel plans and/or restrictions.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Panama.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s websiteon the latest travel restrictions to the U.S.
- U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama
- State Department Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
- Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter