Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (August 26, 2020)
Event: COVID-19 Situation Report and Upcoming Changes to Movement Restrictions
On August 25, the Government of Panama announced plans to reduce movement restrictions and open up additional economic sectors, starting on September 7. The plan is conditional upon meeting certain criteria regarding the control of the COVID-19 pandemic in Panama. For additional details about the plan, visit the website of the Ministry of the Presidency.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Panama.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.