Health Alert: U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama (August 21, 2020)
Event: COVID-19 Situation Report – Closure of Airport Extended
On August 21, the Government of Panama extended the suspension of international commercial passenger flights, originally announced on March 26, for an additional 30 days beginning August 22. The previous exceptions for cargo, humanitarian, medical supplies, medical evacuation, and vaccines remain in place.
Actions to Take:
- Consult the CDC website for the most up-to-date information.
- For the most recent information on what you can do to reduce your risk of contracting COVID-19, please see the CDC’s latest recommendations.
- Visit the COVID-19 crisis page on travel.state.gov for the latest information.
- Visit our Embassy webpage on COVID-19 for information on conditions in Panama.
- Visit the Department of Homeland Security’s website on the latest travel restrictions to the United States.
U.S. Embassy Panama City, Panama
Building 783, Demetrio Basilio Lakas Avenue
State Department – Consular Affairs
+1 (888)407-4747 or +1 (202)501-4444
Enroll in Smart Traveler Enrollment Program (STEP) to receive security updates.