Notice of Funding Opportunity – S-PM070-19-GR-501
CARSI Small Grants Program: Panama Forward Fund
The U.S. Embassy Panama announces a Notification of Funding Opportunity (NOFO) to promote democratic institutions, accountability, and good governance in Panama with up to $750,000 in Fiscal Year 2018 Economic Support Funds for a project period between 18-24 months. The anticipated start date for this activity is September 30, 2019. The U.S. Embassy Panama anticipates funding a minimum of one award and a maximum of five awards as a result of this NOFO.
Successful grant proposals will pursue objectives that reinforce a democratic, secure, and a well-governed Panama through:
- Supporting a competent an independent civil service within the Panamanian government
- Promoting government accountability in handling public resources and increasing revenues
- Promoting Panamanian civil society to keep the government accountable
- Strengthening the rule of law within the Panamanian judicial sector
- All applications must be submitted on or before the end of the day on June 4, 2019
- All applications and attachments must be submitted in English
Please Apply directly through Grants.gov at:
- For assistance with the requirements of this solicitation, contact the U.S. Embassy in Panama by email: PanamaGrants@state.gov
- For all technical questions relating to grants.gov, please call the Grants.gov Contact Center at 1-800-518-4726.
Funding awarded under this NOFO cannot be used for law enforcement or to train members of law enforcement. Projects may focus on one or more of the objectives and must fulfill at least one sub-objective of the corresponding objectives outlined in Section I, Project Description, herein. U.S. Embassy Panama reserves the right to fund any or none of the applications submitted and will determine the resulting level of funding for the award. The authority for this NOFO is found in the Foreign Assistance Act of 1961, as amended. Eligible organizations interested in submitting an application are encouraged to read this NOFO thoroughly to understand the type of project sought and the application submission requirements and evaluation process. For further information, please contact: PanamaGrants@state.gov.