“Writing is exploration. You start from nothing and learn as you go!”
Creative writing is fun writing. It’s writing with imagination, whether …
The U.S. Embassy’s Creative Writing Workshop is a weekly group to share your English-language creative writing with others. We will read, write, discuss and have fun!
The workshop is opened to selected participants with English ability, including amateurs, emerging or professional writers, also to humanities and fine arts students (or related fields).
After the ten week free workshop, the participants will be involved in public readings, community outreach and their best original works will be published in a printed anthology, presented at the Book Fair 2016.
Submission forms will be received from December 7, 2015 to January 4, 2016. Scan it and email all required documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Number of seats: only 15
- Starting date: January 12, 2016
- Ending date: March 22, 2016
- Venue: Center of English Language Immersion (CELI).
Location: Via Espana in front of Galerias Obarrio, besides Caja de Ahorros. Tel: 380-2200
- Schedule: Tuesdays, 6:00 p.m. to 8:00p.m.
Faculty: David Arizmendi and Mar Alzamora-Rivera
What You Need to Apply
- Completed submission form (attached)
- Statement of purpose. Please address the following points:
- What is your background writing creatively? Do you keep a journal? Do you write poems or stories?
- Which are you plans in the future regarding writing?
- Please submit an example of any writing you’ve done, if you have one (such as a poem, or two pages from a story).
Applications must be sent to email@example.com no later than 5:00 PM on Monday, January, 4 2016. No exceptions.