Do you need to contact the Embassy?
Find our full list of available contacts and call us, email us or send us a direct message in social media!
Last updated: 05/16/2023
The Administration ended the COVID-19 vaccine requirements for international air travelers at the end of the day on May 11, the same day that the COVID-19 public health emergency ends. This means starting May 12, noncitizen nonimmigrant air passengers are no longer required to show proof of being fully vaccinated with an accepted COVID-19 vaccine to board a flight to the United States. For more information see the Announcement from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
Check the CDC website for additional information and Frequently Asked Questions.
ENTRY AND EXIT REQUIREMENTS
- Are there COVID-related entry requirements for U.S. citizens? No.
- All entry restrictions or requirements around COVID-19 have been lifted. There is no need to present negative test results, proof of vaccination, or a declaration form upon entry to Panama
- Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? No
- Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? No
- Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? No.
- Effective September 14, 2022, a new Presidential decree lifted all COVID-19-entry and quarantine related restrictions to Panama
- Tocumen International Airport (for departures), antigen rapid test cost: $50 / molecular test cost: $85.
- Hospital Nacional, Contact 306-3300, WhatsApp 6949-6124.
- Hospital Punta Pacifica. If you want car-side testing, visit the Punta Pacifica drive-through testing center. Appointments at the following link: https://www.pacificasalud.com/expresscovid.
- Lab Center is offering home services. Appointments are made through WhatsApp at 6285-7181
- Panama Clinic, Contact 310-1111
- Additionally, many other laboratories in Panama offer both antigen and PCR COVID-19 testing.
COVID-19 VACCINE INFORMATION
- Are vaccines available in Panama for U.S. citizens to receive? Yes
- The public is encouraged to register for vaccination by the GoP here . Registration is available for foreigners with or without residency registration numbers (numeros de filiacion). Vaccines are also available to walk-ins at the various MINSA Health Centers throughout the country.
- Visit the FDA’s website to learn more about FDA-approved vaccines in the United States.
- For updates from Panama’s Ministry of Health and COVID-19 resources, go to (in Spanish) https://yomeinformopma.org/
- Inquiries about COVID-19 can be directed to: Ministry of Health hotline in Panama (169). Department of Epidemiology Dra. Lourdes Moreno (507-9100)
- Other links:
- CDC page on COVID-19
- Travel.state.gov Country Information and Travel Advisory page